[Gllug] Open source == 'Popular Computing'

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Apr 28 23:46:52 UTC 2009

On 20 Apr 2009, Peter Corlett uttered the following:
> how to get it to use anything other than the hideous Computer Modern fonts

WTF? It's perhaps the most attractive typeface I've ever seen, *if*
typeset on a sufficiently good typesetter (600dpi laser or up). On
phototypesetters it's glorious. The eye *floats* over it, it's like
reading silk.

On 300dpi lasers it's merely acceptable, but I'm not sure anything can
be *good* at that crappy res. (Monitors? Forget monitors. They're
hopeless.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk