[Gllug] DNS verification (slightly OT)

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Fri Apr 17 11:09:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc> wrote:

> Does no-one have an idea about my original question? I've just found out the IP address I get from VErisign for Emil belongs to an ISP in Denmark but I'm clueless about why it's picked up this address.

Henrik,

You are quite correct - ns.morsing.cc is configured as a glue record
(nameserver) with an IP address of 62.79.45.155 (some Denmark ADSL).

I have no idea why it's set to that either - maybe enom's tech support
did it when you talked to them. There should be a way to
add/modify/change nameservers (glue records) in your enom account -
you *should* be able to fix this there. I don't have an enom account
so I can't really guide you but look for something called "register
nameserver" or "register glue" or something.

If you can't figure out how to change ns.morsing.cc, here's a couple
of other ideas;

a) configure two new name server/glue records - say ns3.morsing.cc and
ns4.morsing.cc or something else that doesn't exist - using the
correct IPs. You *would* still need to register these as
glue/nameservers with enom.

or

b) configure two new nameservers on some other domain in a better
understood tld such as .com/.net/.org and point your morsing.cc there.
(if you get really stuck and don't want to pay www.za.org gives out
free .org subdomains, you could register one of those and setup
nameservers in there).

Hope that helps,

Rob.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk