[Gllug] SLES 11 and TomTom

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Apr 1 11:30:51 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009, John Hearns wrote:
> 2009/3/31 Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk>:
> > On Tuesday 31 March 2009, John Hearns wrote:
> >> For those of you interested in desktop Linux, SuSE Enterprise Desktop
> >> 11 is almost out,
> >> and is available for download as an early trial version already.
> >
> > I hope it's a little more polished than Opensuse 11 / 11.1
>
> I would be interested if you could amplify on that one.

Well, the installation routine does not recognise existing encrypted
partitions; there are missing libraries for non-core packages (i.e. they are
not available on the install media); the AC97 and emu10k sound configuration
is variously flaky or non-functional (on various machines which function
correctly under 10 - 10.3); likewise for the xorg ATI setup. I can give more
technical detail but would need to gather it from various machines scattered
around several people, and the info for 11.0 is second hand.

Of course, YMMV

Dx

--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk