[Gllug] Solaris training

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:36:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Matthew Smith <indigojo at blogistan.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience of Sun training?

Yep, albeit quite a while ago. At the time, the training was very
good. It covered the subject well, and the tutor was knowledgeable and
helpful.

> Also, how much in demand are Solaris admin skills nowadays?
> What about the Oracle acquisition?

In the short to medium term, you'll be fine. You're unlikely to see a
startup picking Solaris as their platform of choice. But big business
still uses it extensively, and even were Oracle to scrap it tomorrow,
the job market for Solaris skills would still be around for many years
yet. And I'd guess Oracle will choose not to scrap Solaris, but will
milk it for a few more years to come.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk