[Gllug] [Fwd: Re: non processed posts - dated 22 and 23 April]

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 18:21:22 UTC 2009

From: jt <jt at camalyn.org>
[...]
> I am still subscribed to the GLLUG under *many* different domain names
> and email addresses as I do not see why I (as a Linux user) cannot
> further my knowledge by reading (and perhaps answering) GLLUG posts?

Since a ban and unsubscription is clearly a withdrawal of
authorisation to read or post to the list, isn't this an admission of
committing an offence under at least sections 1 and 2 of the Computer
Misuse Act?

Not that I'm seriously suggesting a prosecution, of course - it
wouldn't even get off the starting blocks - but it does lead to
further questions about what else James might be up to. Certainly,
having a farm of aliases to avoid email filtering is extremely slimy,
and puts one firmly in spammer territory.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk