[Gllug] info on setup and running a NFP here in the UK

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Aug 6 11:54:36 UTC 2009

Jason Clifford wrote:
> I don't think you can claim tax relief on donations to charities
> registered in other EU countries against UK tax liabilities. I could be
> wrong but I don't think I am.

you are correct ( as much as I know ) : thats also the basis for my
statement that the UK isnt really a part of the EU on these matters.
Even within the EU there are various rules, and not everyone endorses a
charity across states.

Which is why, a setup that can do some of these registrations and then
be used as an umbrella by open source projects, would be really good (
there are a few in the US, even they could do with some more help )

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk