[Gllug] Debian DomU on CentOS 5 Dom0

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:02:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51713
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51714
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
> Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 461k
> USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0
> SCSI subsystem initialized
> 3ware 9000 Storage Controller device driver for Linux v2.26.02.008.
> device-mapper: uevent: version 1.0.3
> device-mapper: ioctl: 4.11.5-ioctl (2007-12-12) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

This is because I'm using the CentOS Dom0 initrd.  I've built a new
initrd without the scsi modules, and with the xenblk driver, and the
system now boots.

However, I don't see anything on the console.  I have added an entry
to /etc/inittab on the debian image:

h0:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty -L 9600 hvc0 screen

and added xvc0 to /etc/securetty, but I still don't get a console.

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director