[Gllug] shop with laptops

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Sat Aug 15 11:59:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:57:04AM +0100, James Laver wrote:
> I got the first EeePC model and I thought it was awful. Too small to
> see browse large swathes of the web on (though I gather they used the
> space on the lid more wisely later on) and the keyboard is too small
> for someone fat-fingered to type on, kind of knackering up the
> browsing-on-the-train experience for me. Can't browse, can't email,
> can't hack. Why would you get one?

I got one because it was cheap, small, and something I could throw around and
take on the train with me to watch videos, IRC, etc. The keyboard's far too
small to do real work on, though.

I have to admit to being a bit disappointed with the Linux install on this
EeePC (4G Surf), but I guess at the price they sell these things it, Asus can't
afford to do proper QA.

Dan
--
Weiler's Law:
	Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk