[Gllug] Distro for an EPC-301

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 09:43:38 UTC 2009

2009/8/19 Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com>:
> I have one of these beasties...
>
> http://www.bvm-store.com/ProductDetail.asp?fdProductId=469
>
> It came to us with a Compact Flash installation of PuppyLinux but I was
> hoping to be able to install something with a package repository behind
> it, ideally Debian.
>
> The main issue is the lack of FPU support on the processor which means
> that Ubuntu, Debian and DamnSmallLinux won't install.

Ubuntu has an i386 kernel image.  The live image (from USB stick)
booted fine on my Viglen MPC-L (not actually an i386 and I do have an
FPU) and then installed the i386 kernel.  I've since corrected it
because the standard kernel runs but it seems there is at least some
support for i386.

No idea whether this i386 kernel would work for you or whether the
userspace stuff would work.

JD
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk