[Gllug] Ubuntu mirror is slow

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:05:35 UTC 2009

Hi list ,
I installed the Ubuntu 8.10 which I got from the previous LUG meet of
Hants and surrey.

I am now dist  upgrading it to 9.04 . I am quite surprised by the slow mirror :O

My bandwidth especially to UK based linux mirrors is high because I am
connected via university n/w to JANET

I used to get nice bandwith with Debian UK mirror . I am now connected
to Ubuntu mirror gb.archive.ubuntu.com I am not sure if it is located
at UK ??

Is  there a Ubuntu mirror which is located near JANET .. I mean any
univ based mirror ?

PS: I could also get nice speeds from other UK based mirrors which are
not on JANET .

Regards,
Pavithran

--