[Gllug] Maintaining music libraries in various formats

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Aug 20 14:17:41 UTC 2009

I had a machine set up with a cron job to check for new directories and then
run a short script which used sox to recode from wav to ogg - sox seems to
support every file format I've heard of and plenty I haven't, as well as
having enough functionality to drown in.

You could probably use fam to monitor the source directory tree if you wanted
a more immediate turnaround (I was happy for it to happen overnight.)

Dx
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk