[Gllug] Alexandria and bar code scanners

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:43:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM, John G
Walker<johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> What do you mean? How is "large number of tables" in any way similar
>> to scanning the ISBN barcode written on a book?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> James
>
> I was denying that "technology is less likely to mistype a letter",

Unless you have some interesting statistics, such denial is highly
counter intuitive...

Pretty much all the civilized world, and most parts of the uncivilized
one, use bar codes in preference to manual output of any kind, so I
find the technophobia a bit eccentric...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk