[Gllug] shop with laptops

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 15 07:40:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Carles Pina i Estany<carles at pina.cat> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I should check some laptops to buy a new one. I would like to see them.
>
> Where would you go in London where you could see/touch many laptops,
> different branches, models, etc.?
>
> I'm not asking the best place where to buy a laptop, but the best place
> where to see, touch, feel laptops...
>
> In Barcelona I would probably go to Fnac, I'm thinking that here to some
> PC City or PC World maybe? some address where they have more models?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Carles Pina i Estany
>        http://pinux.info

Carles,

The closest thing comparable to FNAC in London is, er , nothing actually :-)

Currys, PC World and Comet  are similar to Media Markt (there is one
close to Saint Cougat, I don't know if you have seen another one in
the Barcelona area), they display and let you play with laptops, but
don't buy there, they are way overpriced.

The best choice is as others have mentioned Totenham Court Road,  but
when it comes to price it is a mixed bag, I would check the web first
before buying there, if the price is not too bad I buy there even if
it is slightly more expensive, if those shops go out of business we
will have no place to try things before we buy!

Saludos y buena suerte.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk