[Gllug] [O/T] Disposing of old zip disks

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 09:59:44 UTC 2009

I have a box full of used zip disks, which have, as you might guess,
not been used for some years. Most of what is on them is trivial stuff
(eg early drafts of my PHD thesis and the like), but I can't guarantee
there isn't some confidentail information on some of them which I ought
not to let into the public domain (which in this case means the local
skip).

I no longer have access to any means of writing to them, so reformatting
is not an option. Has anyone any other suggestions for disposing of the
disks than taking a hammer to them? There's only a few dozen, so I'm
not sure any of the data disposal companies would be interested without
me paying an exorbitant price,

--
 All the best,
 John