[Gllug] SMTP delays - which end is at fault?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Aug 3 11:37:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 12:07 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> It is not US that you need to convince, but those who use Yahoo accounts
> and blame the rest of the world for being unable to deliver mail to them.

I know. I really, really know. I deal with this issue often.

Eventually I arrived at a solution that works for me. I implemented SPF
which helped and then decided that any email that Yahoo fails to accept
doesn't matter.

I explain the situation to customers who complain (not many do) and if
someone insists that Yahoo is not to blame after I have explained the
facts I don't care and wont waste time trying to convince them.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk