[Gllug] spam

Diana Scott dianascott1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:36:28 UTC 2009

I have been receiving 10 - 15 spam email every day since early June
this year. Apart from the regular spam saying "I have won a big
prize", some of them even use my email address as the email sender but
under a different name and sending it to my email address. When it
arrives, the sender would appear as "Me". Do you know how the spammers
find my email address and how do they fake the sender id as me sending
it to myself ?

What do they gain by sending these spam email ? Do you know what I can
do to get my email address off from the spammers mailing lists or stop
receiving from them ? Can report to phishing stop them ?

Are there any government agencies that help to control email spam in the UK ?

Cheers

Diana
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk