[Gllug] security check

Lucy Peters lucypeters at mail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:43:11 UTC 2009

I go online shopping regularly and I have noticed recently that my bank
account has been compromised. There were a few substantial withdrawals
without my knowledge. I have to change to a new account as a result. I
don't know how those people got my bank details from. They must have been
tapped into my bank details when I did my online shopping. Or they
recorded my key strokes. I use ubuntu 9.04, default guarddog firewall
settings and the latest firefox.

Do you know what I should do to ensure my linux box is safe from people
trying to get my bank details ?

Thanks.

Lucy

--