[Gllug] security check

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed Aug 12 09:17:52 UTC 2009

On 12 Aug 2009, at 10:01, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:04:00PM +0100, Phil wrote:
>>
>> There are ways to get by without - but are C+S cards accepted at
>> unmanned locations?
>
> Intriguing.  Do you shop via Predator drone?  Or is there some
> outlet on
> the moon that you're keen to visit?

Apparently there are filling stations in .fr and .be which have no
staff at all. And where one pays only with credit card and PIN. Seems
implausible on the basis of making it too easy to drive off without
paying but that seems to be what is suggested here, and I've no reason
to doubt its veracity.

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk