[Gllug] Thunderbird 3

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Dec 10 14:43:07 UTC 2009

On 10/12/2009 14:25, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Not being familiar with Perdition, I cant comment on it. But what sort
> of a problem did you run into ?

Perdition is accessed with IMAPS, and has a certificate. Thunderbird 3
won't get that certificate - it claims it can't identify the server. TB2
was quite happy with it.

> W.r.t the header bar, you can turn the tab display off if there is only
> 1 tab. And you can further customise the menu bar. A screenshot of what
> I have it set to is here :
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7471003@N05/4173679989/sizes/o/

I found the setting in the advanced config to turn the tabs off :-)

> The Cyan coloured folders indicate new-previously unseen emails in that
> imap stores ( its a flag set and cleared on the server side ). I've
> found it beo an excellent new feature. It makes it trivial to see which
> folders have 'unread' emails V/s which folders have 'unread and new'
> emails. And since its set and cleared server side, there is state
> retention across clients and multiple locations. I guess its a big deal
> if you run server side filtering ( why would'nt someone do that if they
> run imap! ). Not that big a deal if all your new unread emails always
> land in the INBOX. :)

Right - so that's the emails that are starred when you open the folder.
Makes sense now. The summary pane when you select multiple emails is
nice, too - shame it doesn't seem to do Lightning any more...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk