[Gllug] Internet connection through mobile phone

Tue Dec 15 12:33:40 UTC 2009

On 14/12/2009 13:47, Sean Burlington wrote:
> I'm looking into whether I can connect via my G1 as it seems silly to
> pay for a separate 3G connection when my phone already has one.

I don't think you can with the stock software, but mine with Cyanogen
does. Settings->Wireles Controls, turn on tethering, plug it in, and
Ubuntu's 9.10 network-manager picks it up and connects. I've never tried
it with any other distros/OSs/network mangler.

--
Avi Greenbury :)
http://aviswebsite.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk