[Gllug] Internet connection through mobile phone

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Mon Dec 14 07:42:55 UTC 2009

Robert McKay wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM, general_email at technicalbloke.com <
> general_email at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>> Didn't know about the javascript though, what's that about?
>>

> The javascript they inject is part of the same thing.. it enables you to
> press some key (forget which one but it tells you if you hover over an
> image) on the keyboard to load the full quality images. I haven't really
> looked into it in detail.
>
> Rob.

Hmm, I don't like the sound of that, although I'd recommend anyone using
3G to use NoScript anyway, or at least AdBlock Plus. 3rd parties
injecting code into my pages makes my skin crawl, I feel
man-in-the-middled! All the more reason to use https whenever possible I
suppose. Incidentally I would have thought there was a firefox extension
for that but I can't find one, guess it's a non trivial problem :/

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk