[Gllug] Battery-backed SAS controllers

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Sat Dec 12 09:29:25 UTC 2009

Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone know of a battery-backed SAS controller?  That is, something
> like a RAID controller that takes SAS disks but without any RAID
> features, just a battery backed write cache and the disks exposed to
> the OS.

I have a battery-backed RAM PCI card sitting on a shelf at work. Bought
off Ebay for a server that it doesn't fit. Email me on Monday and I'll
dig out the details.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk