[Gllug] Technology and UK Education

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Wed Dec 30 12:15:11 UTC 2009

>  I was told that if anyone wished to provide a service to or for schools
> it is now a government requirement that they should bid for a total
> comprehensive contract, providing everything from building and building
> maintenance services to waste management as well as educational facilities.
> Start by finding a plumber, an electrician, a bricklayer, and a roofer.

I'm not sure if you have them in this country but in Australia there's a
sort of 'parent and citizen' group associated with each government school
which has some degree of lobbying power as the representative body of the
local community in school administrative affairs.

If one were to present alternatives to costlier options and/or donate
services through such a group, then it may provide a viable legal route
around the oppressive, innovation stifling, centralised bureaucratic
regime that you describe.

- Walter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk