[Gllug] tv tuner with hdmi input

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Wed Dec 16 15:56:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 13:13 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> On 12/11/2009 12:00 PM, Justin Perreault wrote:
> > For your situation I would recommend setting a record program to start
> > before a match by a few minutes and to finish an hour or two afterwards,
>
> We are using the regular +/- 10min gap, the problem in my case is not so
> much as the 10 min, but the fact that the box actually has a clock that
> slows down. Even if its set to record till 9pm, its a 20% change that it
> will stop around 8:15 wallclock time ( but the clock on the box will
> show 9pm, and epg would have moved onto 9pm as well ). A complete power
> cycle seems to resolve that and bring the time back to reality.

With others comments and the rest of the background you are providing I
would almost guarantee that you are having a heat issue.

If there is no warranty per se or if the access is easy, it might be
worthwhile opening the box and ensuring no build up on the inside. Also
check for capacitors burst etc, (I have no idea what your contract with
sky says about doing such)

And if the timing is messing up that might be a suitable reason to have
them replace it. One really should not be having such difficulties with
a STB.

Justin

--
“We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides
us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct.”

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk