[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Dec 7 21:47:01 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 12:56, Peter Corlett wrote:
> It cracks people's heads together without causing an off-topic
> firestorm of meta-discussion on the list. Having observed it in action
> on previous occasions, I feel it works well.

Actually the occasion you refer to was a little different.

I had very publicly asked for a particular thread to be dropped, and a
few souls continued to argue, or be unhelpful, onlist.  I sent an email
to all the parties concerned explaining why their contributions were
causing a problem.

To their credit, all the people concerned took the hint and have
continued to be valued members of the list.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk