[Gllug] virgin/ntl/telewest plonkers

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 11:12:01 UTC 2009

Arrrgh!

I support a local school's IT systems. They are switching to
NTL/Virgin for broadband access - since BT are incapable of providing
anything better than 1.5MB/s access, so it has to be cable. We have
succeeded in getting a fixed IP address from them - so the next thing
is to ask them to set the reverse IP address on it so that various
protocols (principally email) work properly.

Their reply:

	Unfortunately we are unable to configure customer reverse DNS for cable
	modem Ip's.

<rant>
Whaaaat ?
It is incredibly easy to do, they simply don't want to - or don't think
that anybody would want to do that. What complete and utter plonkers.
It just reinforces why I *never* recommend them as an ISP - they are as useless
as BT-OpenWoes.
</rant>

Has anybody persuaded them to do so ?

--