[Gllug] Internet connection through mobile phone

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 14 17:24:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 00:04 +0000, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> This just popped up in the top of Google Mail:
>
> BT Broadband & Phone Deal[1] - www.bt.com/ - No Line Connection Fee
> with a Phone Line & Broadband Package.
>
> Haven't had a look at it through, so may be a complete rip off...

It's BT so expect to be tied into a long contract and for them to call
you and offer you a deal when the minimum term is almost up but to
"forget" to mention that taking the deal with result in you being tied
into the contract for a further 12 months.

If your requirements are modest and you don't mind your connection being
throttled to death BT are OK but there are much better providers out
there.

Personally I'd rather pay the £99+VAT fee for a new line than to be tied
into a contract. In fact I've just done so for the flat I moved into
some time ago. The PSTN and ADSL will be on 1 month contracts and that's
far more important to me than the money.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk