[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Dec 7 21:36:37 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 12:43, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 11:34:09PM +0000, Martin wrote:
>>
>> If you feel a thread is wandering inappropriately off-topic for your
>> liking, please contact the list administrators directly with your
>> concerns.  Doing this on-list can only make us drift further away from
>> those boundaries you feel comfortable with.
>
> I can't say I'd like a list where people just went off list to the
> admins and then topics were secretly frozen or people banned without
> explanation.  What is this undefined off-list appeal process supposed to
> achieve?

The undefined off-list appeal process isn't supposed to achieve anything
because it doesn't exist.  I just can't imagine that we want a list full
of debate of what is or is not ontopic.

Feel free to publically correct me on this if otherwise, you know I have
the deepest respect for your opinions.

 From memory, topic freezes have been very openly declared on-list, and
James Camalyn worked very hard to get himself very publicly banned from
this list, the only such person I can recall having managed it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk