[Gllug] Better podcatcher than Gpodder

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Dec 16 13:01:50 UTC 2009

2009/12/16 general_email at technicalbloke.com <general_email at technicalbloke.com>:
> What do you guys use? (those of you that listen to podcasts)

iTunes ;)

However on Linux I have used hpodder in the recent past.It works, but
it doesn't have any kind of opml import/export which is annoying. I
had to script the subscription process by making lots of:-

hpodder add <rssurl>

Equally, when I stopped using hpodder I had to use sqlite3 to query
the hpodder database to get the URLs out again. Doubleplus ungood.
However for the bit in the middle, the actual downloading of podcasts,
it seems okay. I hear good things about bashpodder too, but have not
used it.

In terms of GUIs on Linux I've used Rhythmbox and Banshee in the past.
Neither was quite right for me.

Cheers,
Al.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk