[Gllug] Thunderbird 3

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Thu Dec 10 15:24:00 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/09/2009 05:53 PM, Rich Walker wrote:
>
>> Anyone else tried this? So far I've:
>> * been unable to access a Perdition IMAPS proxy
>> * lost a line on my screen to tabs that won't go away
>> * got several folders coloured a greeny-cyan for no clear reason.
>>
>> It's enough to make me use Emacs-under-windows...
>>

> I've been using tb3 for a while ( I run the nightly 'shredder' edition )
> and have to say that the tb3 builds are byfar the best email client I've
> seen or worked with ever - specially if you run IMAP.

It's the second-best for me, but then I'm pick enough to actually pay
for a mail and news client - Turnpike. I'm running TB on my Linux boxes
though.

Support for Turnpike has effectively ended though, and it won't run in
64-bit versions of Windows because of a bug that MS apparently aren't
planning to fix. The people in demon.ip.support.turnpike have been
debating whether TB3 is the replacement they are looking for. Turnpike
is one of the two programs that keep me using Windows (the other is MS
Access) and I'm actively looking for alternatives to both of them so
that I can drop Windows completely at home.

bap at shrdlu.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk