[Gllug] virgin/ntl/telewest plonkers [and Pipex]

Benjamin Goodacre roger at rabbit.name
Wed Dec 16 20:37:05 UTC 2009

I have had the same problem with PTRs with Pipex business broadband. I
was shocked when they stated that they didn't "support reverse DNS." I
thought all business packages with static IPs did PTRs. I made a big
fuss and even rang the 'if you wish to cancel us' line to threaten to
leave. - No joy. It  is my fault of course for not checking first.
Thankfully it is rare for an smtp server to check reverse DNS.

--
Benjamin Goodacre
www.goodacre.name