[Gllug] Battery-backed SAS controllers

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Mon Dec 14 10:25:55 UTC 2009

Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net> writes:

> Hi Rich,

>> I have a battery-backed RAM PCI card sitting on a shelf at work. Bought
>> off Ebay for a server that it doesn't fit. Email me on Monday and I'll
>> dig out the details.
>
> Thanks for the offer, but about 600GiB of storage is required, so
> actual rotational media is most likely required.

This is the battery-backed RAM cache from some kind of disk store
unit. I assume that under Linux you'd partition it, and use each
partition as the journal for a separate rotating file system.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/            | +44 7866 561014
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk