[Gllug] Podcasts

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 11:10:05 UTC 2009

general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:

> The point is that I can learn stuff while I'm using my eyes and hands
> for other things like washing up, cleaning, driving, fixing computers
> and all the other times it isn't convenient to have to focus on a screen
> and roll a scroll wheel.

About the only thing you'll ever gain from a podcast is a 'tip' most of
them are not designed to be an educational medium.

Nine times out of ten the information or views are at worse wrong or at
the very least misguided. For me I tend to listen to them for
entertainment value, something to pass the time while driving to work or
walking the dog.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon