[Gllug] [OT] Odd PSU / connector

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sun Dec 6 14:11:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just been gifted a nice little compact PC via freecycle, problem is
there's no PSU. To make matters worse it has a strange round 4 pin
connector (1cm diameter) which I'm not familiar with, I can only assume
its 12v + 5v. Anyone have one of these spare or know where I might buy
one? Assuming I can't find one and I have to jerry rig my own from an
old ATX supply is there a standard way to wire these 12v/5v connectors?
If not is there an easy way to figure it out? I don't want to fry the thing!

Picture here... http://www.technicalbloke.com/12v5v.jpg

It's the connector between the PS2's and the 2.5mm audio socket.
Apologies for the ropey picture quality but I don't have a macro setting
on my phone.

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk