[Gllug] Funny Behaviour with mail

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 18:11:54 UTC 2009

Dear GLLUGers,

I'm an MH user on RH EL4, so don't normally use mail.
Today, I wanted to use it for sending a message to a user in
a shell script, as follows.

   echo "..." | mail mick

When I tested it, I got the following error message.

WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids
(egid=10, want=51)
[mick at penguin ~]$ can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/):
Permission denied
Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.

I can't find anything about this on the man page.  Can
anyone help with this?

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk