[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:34:32 UTC 2009

John Hearns wrote:
> 2009/2/19 Jose Luis Martinez <jjllmmss at googlemail.com>:
>
>> I was told specifically this is a junior role (slavery jokes here
>> please), so if you are an old Linux sea wolf you may want to give this
>> one a miss.
>>

> 40K ain't slavery mate. And thanks for posting this.

It is if you know which Web 2.0 shop it is, and I do.

They were offering this position last year at £55K (the job title was
Site Reliability Engineer) working in Soho but were illogically picky, a
good excuse I got after ticking the boxes was they wanted someone from
an ISP (who probably also needs just the right hair cut, shoe brand and
last name starting with Z...)

<sigh>

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk