[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Sat Feb 21 15:00:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 04:41:50AM -0500, Balbir Thomas wrote:
> PS: I am new to london and from what I see of the costs, it doesn't seem
> like one can do this on a 25-28K salary.

I think the "comprimise" most people have to make in London is living with
someone. Now two salaries in the 20K range you can live nicely, or a single
income in the 40s, however high rate tax payer hits hard at these levels,
which is why sharing the load between two is a better way to go. Plus it
gives you some coverage between jobs.
  If you get good times paying off a house can later mean you can live very
nicely, its amazing how cheap it can be to live if you don't pay rent or
have debts!

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk