[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Thu Feb 12 18:17:45 UTC 2009

2009/2/12 Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>:
> For six of the last ten years, I've worked on contracts outside London
> (Kent, Berkshire, Kent again and then Cambridgeshire), whilst living in
> Muswell Hill, and found that I could get to each of these areas more
> quickly than I could get to my current job in central London!

It is worth pointing out that Muswell Hill is a fairly pathological
case, being inconveniently wedged not very close to either Northern or
Piccadilly lines, and having annoyingly slow roads for buses to travel
on to either near stations. Bike down to Archway probably would cut 20
mins off a central London commute, of course the uphill ride on cold
winter evenings might not be so fun though.

I've twice looked at flats in that area and given up in favour of
somewhere nearer to a tube station.. Shame, because Muswell Hill seems
quite a nice place to live really. Do you not find that it's a pretty
awful place to begin tube travel to work?

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk