[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Fri Feb 13 10:16:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, February 12, 2009 10:21 pm, Peter Corlett wrote:

> The decent jobs are snapped up instantly. It's only the dregs that
> need to be spammed around mailing lists.
>
> There seems to be a half-dozen unfillable jobs at the moment. I'm
> getting about six calls a day from agencies, and after they've stopped
> beating around the bush, it turns out to be tuppence a week to chop up
> HTML in Boring, East Nowhere. One day, I'm going to snap and tell them
> something unprintable.

I'm surprised they aren't still spamming lovefilm jobs.

Companies whine they can't get employees then either don't offer enough or
turn down perfectly qualified, very good candidates.

Personally I'm just currently on a hate mission with pimps - I've yet to
find one that doesn't lie, cheat, deceive, do things without your
permission, missell, consistently cockup, misquote, overcommission, know
anything about the job they're pimping, try and persuade you to take a
grossly underpaid job 'due to the current economic climate', send form
emails that do not interest me in the slightest* or treat you in a
respectful manner.

If you can find a pimp that isn't hateful to deal with (and two have
gotten close), give me a call. Please.

* I now respond to these with a form email informing them they've made an
error in judgment, that i'm not interested, they'd know why if they'd
bothered to read my cv and that they should unsubscribe me. It informs
them of the data protection act and that I have a right to remove
information pertaining to me for the purposes of marketing. Responses so
far have been less-than-positive.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk