[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 11:29:46 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 Tony Ericsson <tonyericsson1 at googlemail.com>:
> a mate of mine had 6 interviews there and didn't get the job!! crazy

To get my last job, I had 6 hours of interviews over 3 separate
occasions. On the last, the interviewer asked if I could pop back
to meet a member of the team who had been on holiday. I
agreed and asked if his opinion was germane to the job being
offered. It wasn't. It was a pointer to the general policy of
"we involve everyone in the decision making process!" was
really "No-one takes responsibility for anything."

So my advice is: Don't always believe the corporate message of "Our
interview process is tough!". Sometimes it's a cover for "We're too
indicisive to make our minds up!"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk