[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Thu Feb 19 15:01:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, February 19, 2009 2:43 pm, Balbir Thomas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM, James Laver <gllug at jameslaver.com> wrote:
>> Then why are the stories so common?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_legend
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_legend#Propagation_and_belief
>

> cheers
> bt

Thanks for picking out one little piece of my email, ignoring the context
and challenging that one little bit.

It's immensely useful. Particularly with the way you don't appear to be
able to refute the next part.

I once lost out on a job to a PhD. He was having difficulty getting
employed because noone wanted to employ a PhD. That company made the
sensible decision and employed him over me (I don't have a degree and at
the time had little real-world experience to speak of). Apparently other
people weren't quite so sensible...

--JAmes
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk