[Gllug] Perl Question - Spam Filter for NMS Form Mail

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:16:36 UTC 2009

2009/2/13 Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com>:
> I actually like some of the experiments being done in GTK world with
> JavaScript as a true embedded language. JavaScript gives some of the
> benefits of being a scripting language, but without bringing along
> the burden of a parallel object system & runtime environment. JavaScript
> itself does not have any runtime environment or object system - its just
> a language you bolt onto your own runtime. So the GTK / JavaScript stuff
> is using dynamic metdata from GObject, to dynamically expose the GLib/GTK
> hierarchy into JavaScript. It'll be interesting to watch how this turns
> out...
>
> Daniel

Is it easy to automate QT using Javascript? And by easy I mean: are
the clearly explained and easy to reproduce examples out there in the
Internet?

I will begin searching now - but if anyone knows of a direct link,
that would be great.

Javascript is neat for simple tasks and sometimes I just want to
automate or build a simple GUI for a client, usually something dead
simple.

I haven't given up on the idea of learning more about Perl though. It
is my personal project for this year.

HG

--
SEO Mastery