[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Thu Feb 19 10:50:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, February 19, 2009 10:49 am, Tony Chapman wrote:
> There's certainly still stuff out there, if you're good you'll always be
> in demand...

Fallacy. Half of my time dedicated to finding a new job is spent
convincing potential employers that I know my stuff.

Because your CV looks good and because you know you're good doesn't mean
they know you're good.

Usually I tell them that if they're prepared to make an offer conditional
on references, the references will convince them.

--James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk