[Gllug] Perl - was: Perl Question - Spam Filter for NMS Form Mail

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Mon Feb 9 21:10:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 21:05 +0000, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
> 2009/2/9 Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org>:
> > Henry Gilbert wrote:
> >> I am beginning to like Perl, I want to learn more some day.
> >>

> > You'll need one of these:
> >
> > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learning-Perl-Randal-Schwartz/dp/0596520107
>
> seconded and couple it with one of these:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Perl-3rd-Larry-Wall/dp/0596000278

At the start of the year Jonathan Corbett opined in the Linux Weekly
News that this year was make or break for Perl and it was looking more
break than make.

It made me wonder if I really should brush up my skill set and learn
Perl for Hopeless Programmers. Views?

I confess I fell in love with Perl because I discovered it was so much
like the BASICs of my teenage years. Any language that allows you to
treat a literal as a number as you see fit has that effect.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk