[Gllug] VPS Hosting

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sat Feb 14 18:10:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM, James Laver <gllug at jameslaver.com> wrote:

> So basically I want:
> - Something not overpacked.
> - Debian or debian-based distro inside the vps.
> - Fair price (Willing to pay more for quality).

Well, I'm going to be biased because I work for them as a systems
administrator/support, so I'm going to say that Memset is a
potentially good place to go.  We use Xen and can offer Debian as well
as other distros if required.  Ironically given all the chat about
Reading on this list, our datacentre is based in Reading.

http://www.memset.com

We can also offer fully managed support with these VPSes too.

>From my own experience (and obviously prior to working for Memset) I
too had used PowerVPS and was quite impressed, but found Virtuozzo to
be a pain in the arse.

Regards,

Martyn
--