[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 20 02:26:05 UTC 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, James Laver stated:

> On Thu, February 19, 2009 2:45 pm, Tony Ericsson wrote:
>>
>> Is there not more to life then money? i may be earning less then a tube
>> driver but i do something i enjoy doing and dont just use a lever to go
>> through tunnels all day!!
>
> There is, but money helps you achieve what you want in your life.

Does it? My salary is on the low end of those discussed in this thread,
and I don't care much: it's enough for what I want and to build up a
contingency reserve, and TBH nothing I want out of life is anything that
money can buy.

Perhaps this is unusual. I don't know.

> For me right now, money has to come first because I'm saving to fund the
> startup I'm going to do towards the end of this year. If I wanted job
> satisfaction I'd go be a tube driver, because the more I see of IT the
> more I want to kill the fuckers responsible.

Isn't tube driving deadly boring?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk