[Gllug] increase performance by increasing RAM or increasing in Core

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 14:37:53 UTC 2009

On 16 Feb 2009, Christopher Hunter outgrape:
> As usual in the computing world, the answer is "It might do...".  In
> most instances, on an ordinary desktop machine, you're unlikely to see
> significant speed increases.  However, some software is written to take
> advantage of parallel processing, so you'd win there.

For dual-core machines a major example is 'X with clients on the same
machine', which is of course a very common case.

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk