[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:44:03 UTC 2009

2009/2/20 - Tethys <tethys at gmail.com>:
> But I'm getting rather bored by this whole thread. Shouldn't we be
> discussing something technical instead? So in a probably futile
> attempt to drag this discussion somewhere interesting, has anyone
> tried Reia[1] yet? Any opinions?

Hadn't heard of it till now, but given the current discussions in the
HPC world about software which does not take advantage of multicore
processors stuff like this is pretty interesting.
(By 'software' I don't mean the MPI type scientific modelling
applications, we're more talking about the common programs people run
here)

Bear with me when I ask what the mecahnism the Erlang VM uses to
distribute the load across multicores.
(Yeah, Google is my friend, I know).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk