[Gllug] help with configuring two monitor system with GeForce Ti400

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:08:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM, MJ <mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> SO far what I've done with xorg.conf, by hand but second monitor is still dud and screen0 is multiplied.

Can you do it after the fact with xrandr? Something like:

    xrandr --output DVI-0 --left-of VGA-0

substituting appropriate output values for your setup, of course. If
so, stick that line in ~/.Xclients (or your distribution specific
equivalent) and you're set. This is how I have some of my dual-headed
boxen configured.

I've also noticed that you don't have a Virtual line in your Screen
section. That'll be necessary for the xrandr approach. I can't
remember if it's needed for doing it all with xorg.conf

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk