[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:48:03 UTC 2009

2009/2/21 James Hawtin <oolon at ankh.org>:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 04:49:34PM +0000, John Hearns wrote:
>> Being medivacked out on a Huey with severe RSI has left me using a
>> wrist brace for the rest of my life, so I've sacrificed for the vi
>> cause. The horror... the horror...
>
> What other if any other changes have you adopted to try to control your
> RSI?

It was a joke.... A spoof on Apocalypse Now. Nix said we should have a
technical discussion, and I jokingly tried to start a class ic
vi/emacs flame war.

The one time I did get twinges in my wrists was when I switched to
using HP graphics workstations, and hence HP keyboards. I bought a gel
filled wrist rest, which lived in the fridge overnight. That did the
trick.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk